Design trends are a very popular set of predictions which show the designers which path to follow at the start of each year. Even though these constantly evolve and change throughout the year to keep up with the latest technologies and user preferences we look up to them as a guiding light. Starting with the colour scheme, every year popular colour brands like Pantone release some shades as the “Colour of the year” and this year Viva Magenta has been honoured with that position. A few other shades such as Raspberry Blush, Savannah Green and Tiramisu are also expected to make an appearance this year.
Moving on to the main point, in 2023, feature-rich, aesthetically stunning websites will be all the rage in terms of UX design trends. Consumers are increasingly turning to companies for entertainment in order to escape the everyday stresses of life, and websites are changing to accommodate this trend. Designers are utilising hover effects, artificial intelligence, and novel navigational techniques to produce engaging brand experiences. This has led to the following trends: Immersive Scrolling or Scrollytelling: In immersive scrolling, the background scrolls more quickly than the main text. Smooth movements and dynamic additions to other static site components help achieve this.
Here are some UI UX design trends 2023:
1. 3D & Animated Visual Elements - 3D details are now being added to websites and apps to sophisticate the user experience, it helps the users to remember the site better and adds an overall positive effect to a brand reputation.
2. AR/VR Technologies - AR has effectively become a tool to improve apps ’user experience for users by greatly advancing the features and functionalities. From integrating it into games and Snapchat filters designers are now finding creative ways to integrate it into apps to make the experience much more fun.
3. Responsive Design - Responsive design means setting up a fluid user interface that can adjust to fit any browser space or screen, ensuring consistency across different devices. Even if it has been around for quite a while it is becoming more popular and smooth in action.
4. Generative AI - Using machine-learning algorithms, AI content adapts to the individual needs and preferences of each user. While many UX designers might not depend on AI tools, they're embracing them as part of the creative process. The most popular generative AI of 2023 is Chatgpt.
5. Cursor Interactions - Designers are now changing the shape and size of cursors, incorporating animation and are even giving cursors the ability to produce actions, these cursor improvements engage visitors as they browse and facilitate a more user-friendly experience.
6. Negatives to Positives - This particular trend have been very interesting so far as it takes the boring aspects of a design such as the waiting page or the 404 not found page and includes silly animations, playful videos, or funny imagery that are in line with your brand personality so as to create a positive impact on your users.
7. Interactive Navigation - Interactive, nutty navigation is adorned with animations, fun menus, hover effects, and unconventional layouts which help make your site more memorable and boost user engagement with your site.
8. Overstimulation - This particular trend has some mixed reactions as it turns to a more uncomfortable and rather maximalist approach. The younger generation is looking at bright colours for strength and optimism and buying into brands that get them.
With that being said about the trends of 2023 for UX Design there are a different set of trends for Graphic Designs which include a variety of emotions travelling from the softness of pastel florals to the harshness of acid graphics. A few of those trends are Mysticism, Risoprint reimagined, Punk revival, Retro line art, Airbrush surrealism, 90’s Space Psychedelia, Mixed dimension, Acid graphics, Experimental escapism and Complex compositions. Even if these are a very interesting variety of trends all of them are interconnected in some way and help to give the user an overall pleasant and personal experience and it will always continue to focus on that. So let’s see if these trends continue throughout the year or are replaced with new and exciting design trends. If you are looking for the best UI UX design company in India, then Contact Appiness Interactive. Appiness provides a range of services including web app development, branding, and digital strategy.