Importance of SEO
SEO helps to receive organic traffic via search results on search engines. It is a good practice for raising awareness, developing branding, and increasing your company's visibility. Let's look at the significance of SEO.
• Helps to get free traffic through "organic" search results
• Return on investment gains
• When compared to PPC and SMM, it is more cost-effective
• It ensures that the site is both user and mobile-friendly
• Navigation is possible via search engines
• More traffic, more sales, and a rise in revenue
• Helps in gaining repeat users as well as new ones
• Increases the stability of the website's position in search engines
Based on specific, good, and new keywords your website appears on the first five pages of search engine results, causing people to click on your website for the information they seek from Google.
Types of SEO
To optimize your website all you require is to know the right type and technique of SEO, where you can generate more traffic through organic search. Generally, SEO is classified into two types which define the types of optimizations that can be done by SEO:
• On-page Optimization
• Off-page Optimization
On-page optimization is the practice of optimizing the content of web pages as well as their HTML code, meta tags, title tags, and description, use of primary and secondary keywords, as well as their placements and keyword density, to make the content interlinked within the website's pages. Optimizing each web page of the website serves as a factor in achieving a higher rank on the search engine results page.
Off-page optimization deals with what other websites say about your site and works in the background for receiving better search results as it is done on the web page. Off-page optimization is accomplished by acquiring backlinks to the web page through activities such as a forum, blog commenting along with your website link, directory submission, guest blogging, and social bookmarking.
SEO optimization techniques are divided into three types:
• Black-Hat SEO
• White-Hat SEO
• Gray-Hat SEO
Knowing the difference between "Black-Hat SEO" and "White-Hat SEO" is very necessary for any digital marketer.
"Black-Hat SEO" is concerned with exploiting weaknesses in search engine algorithms and manipulating them to obtain a higher ranking for a website. This technique of SEO doesn’t follow the guidelines or principles and violates the terms of services of search engine algorithms.
Black-Hat SEO Techniques
• Keyword Stuffing: Loading the website pages with irrelevant keywords to manipulate the website’s rank in search engine results.
• Cloaking: The content on your web pages that you present to your users differs greatly from the content that you present to the search engines' spiders.
• Doorway Pages: The sites or pages created to rank for specific search queries. They are bad for users because they can lead to similar pages in SERP.
• Duplicate Content: It refers to the creation of multiple pieces of similar content in pages, domains, and sub-domains of your or another website on the internet.
• Link Schemes: They are built to deceive the PageRank of a site.
• Article Spinning: To avoid duplicate issues, rewrite an article to produce unique copies.
• Link Farm: To improve the ranking of a particular web page, several web pages are created and connected to a specific web page.
Consequences of Black-Hat SEO
The advantage of Black-Hat SEO is that you can take your website to the top of the search engines within a short period. The disadvantage of this technique is that the position obtained through black-hat SEO is temporary and can be risky if the search engine detects spam, which leads to the banning of the website. Black-hat SEO techniques are not recommended and should be avoided for further complications. Penalties from search engines are the last thing you want for your website.
"White-Hat SEO" technique is an ethical way of following search engine principles to ensure the website contains high-quality content with specific keywords that are relevant to improve your ranking in search engines.
White-Hat SEO Techniques
• Developing high-quality content
• Keyword research
• Page restructuring and HTML optimization of a website
• Link building
• Using keyword-rich meta tags in conjunction with a description
• Manual outreach and research
• Link acquisition campaigns
• Contact influencers to let them know about your unique and high-quality content.
Consequences of White-hat SEO
• White-Hat SEO provides you with a slow but long-term ranking in search engine results.
• Results are visible after some time because it is an effective marketing strategy for bringing people to your website.
• It brings returning visitors to the website
Difference Between White Hat and Black Hat SEO
As we know what is White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO mean, now let's look at the difference between white hat SEO and black hat SEO.
|#||Black-Hat SEO||White-Hat SEO|
|Definition||Violates the guidelines and deceives search engines for better ranking of the websites.||Improve the website's ranking which doesn't fool search engines.|
|Techniques||Include keyword stuffing, cloaking, doorway pages, link manipulation, and more (techniques that are penalized if search engines notice).||Include high-quality unique content, analysis, usage of relevant keywords, and more (techniques that are allowed by search engines).|
|Stability On SERP||Brings a fast but short span of higher rank to your SEO.||Brings a slow but long-lasting growth ranking of the website for sure.|
|Approval from Search Engines||This technique may or may not be disapproved by the search engine.||Approved by the search engine and are highly recommended.|
|Users||Mostly used by those users who want to increase website ranking within a shorter period in small terms business.||Used by all types of users.|
|Target||Always targets the search engines as it is the first priority.||Always target the audiences/visitors to your website instead of targeting the search engines|
By comparing these two SEO techniques, one can conclude that it is better to follow the "White-Hat SEO" technique to have safe and stable growth for your website and to avoid unnecessary penalizing and risk to your website. To ensure that you stay on top of the search engine ranking through the employment of right SEO techniques, take help of the digital marketing consultant in Bangalore.